Christian dating in halifax wicket ajaxselfupdatingtimerbehavior
On November 5, 1966, the first worship service was held in the new building by the congregation which then numbered approximately twenty-two families.
In 1971, Jerry Dykstra began a full time university and hospital ministry in the south end.
This ministry was motivated by a vision for a new ministry in the north end and by the need to alleviate overcrowding in the Inglis Street building’s small sanctuary.
With funding support from the Home Missions Board, the North End Mission called John Van Donk as its pastor in 1986.
During Gritter’s ministry a number of changes occurred, including holding church school on Sundays and conducting monthly evening services at Joseph Howe Manor (a seniors residence nearby) and, during the summers, in members’ backyards. Gritter had taken a pastoral position elsewhere and the congregation was experiencing decline. However, the process of seeking God’s will led to James La Grand being called to pastor the struggling congregation, beginning November, 1977.
He received salary support from various sources, including a large Christian Reformed Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Bos and his wife moved on to serve elsewhere in the denomination. In 1961, Harry Mennega, a recent graduate of Calvin Seminary in Grand Rapids, Michigan, was called to serve as the pastor of the Halifax Christian Reformed Church.
Also in 1959, the Nova Scotia legislature passed (S. At this time the congregation was still meeting in the YMCA chapel, and it was decided that better facilities would soon be required.
They partnered with others in the community and the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) and by 1984 had built a twenty-two unit housing cooperative on Creighton and Charles streets in an economically disadvantaged and racially mixed area of the city known as the old north end.
A number of All Nations members moved into the cooperative and served on its board of directors.
By 1957, the Christian Reformed Church community had grown to fourteen families and Rev.